Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One electrician's visit later

I've done 4 fires now, 3 of which were interrupted when the kiln overloaded the circuit. Yesterday, an electrician came through and I am now $100 poorer but the kiln will actually make it through a full cycle. I went through another fire yesterday. Another fire, another lesson - If you really really get impatient and want to look at the glass to see how it's doing. Do NOT do that right around 900 degrees when, apparently, it's aligning molecules in a way minimize stress on the glass. I'll skip the photo of the broken coaster and just remember this lesson for next time.

However, I've been reading up on how to make pendants. I should be able to make some pretty things once I get a few hours to work on it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment